Thursday, March 20, 2008

That shit CANNOT be legal!

I'm just in from seeing the doctor (Yeah, boo hoo, whatever.) for a lingering chest-infection-cold-type malady that has plagued me for the last two weeks, and the dude has only gone and prescribed me a bottle of liquid death to go along with the antibiotics.

Now, not only do I have to deal with coughing up a menagerie of disgusting things on a regular basis (Tears on my pillow? Try my fucking lungs mate.) I now have to imbibe THE most foul tasting 'codeine phosphate oral solution'... basically a fancy term for cough bottle. Words cannot describe just how soul-crushingly awful it tastes. As far as I'm concerned, NO cough bottle tastes bad, I kinda like 'em all, but HOLY. FFFUCKING. JESUS... This shit raped my taste buds. Anally.

It tasted like what I imagine de-icer spray would taste like, or maybe brake fluid, or perhaps sulfuric acid. Really chemically. And not in the good 'Wednesday night in Wax' kinda way if you get me, wink wink, subtle subtle. No word of a lie, I actually involuntarily gurned, shuddered and twitched for a full minute after tasting the shit. I have witnesses, just ask Beansy Bacardi (lesser known little sister to Tila Tequila) and Squirrel Girl. Considering I forked out my own hard earned money for this crap (plus €30 for the antibiotics and €50 for the doctor) and have to take it 4 times a day, I'm a pretty fucking happy camper right now.

Fucking fuck.

Asides from that, all is swell (yes, I really did just type the word 'swell')... Had a surprisingly fun sober night out last night (surprising in that sober can be fun)with the ever stylish 'Fashion Crew' of NCAD (I'm their muse... rodent nerdbergers are very 2008) and not being hungover is a new and delightful experience for me. I'm also headed off to Livigno for a week of snowboarding early Saturday morning which is going to amayonnaising.

That rancid cough shite is kicking in and I'm feeling a little drowsy, so I'm off to operate some heavy machinery, toodles.

No comments: